Monday, October 25, 2010

Canada's "Think Pink" Quarter

How cool is this? Jeff and I just came across a Canadian quarter with the pink breast cancer awareness ribbon printed on it, and I, of course, had to investigate. I had to steal this picture from the CBC (sorry, please don't sue me) because my camera wouldn't pick up such small details, but I just had to share it, especially because October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, both in the US and Canada.

These "Think Pink" quarters have actually been in circulation for a few years already (since 2006), so it's pretty ironic that we came across one for the first time this particular month.

You can read more about these cool coins on the CBC's website here: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2006/03/31/pink-quarter060331.html

No comments:

Post a Comment